Thursday 15 December 2016

KVOC - Kilombero Valley Ornithological Centre

Rest assured all those who donated to the projects... your money is not being frittered away! I wanted the simple life and I've sure found it.

Home is a banda (pictured below) which, considering I thought I'd be camping, is pretty luxurious. I can stand up and stride about although being careful not to trip over my clumsy feet on the uneven flooring! There's a wooden cot with foam mattress and mozzy net by the window Although there are drafts through the woodwork so it's pretty airy. The other half of my semi-detached house is occupied by the other volunteer here at the moment, Michael. He's a placement student from the UK.

Ablutions are a bucket shower and then a long drop with a simple 'occupied' mechanism...pictured below.

1 comment: